This life-saving technique allows us to detect melanomas early, giving you the best outcome.
A Lifetime of Healthy Skin
Digital mole mapping is a screening technique endorsed both by the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and the American Cancer Society (ACS).
We offer meticulous mole mapping to our higher-risk patients. While the technique is time consuming . . . it's worth it. Through mole mapping we are able to identify potentially cancerous moles in their earliest, and most treatable, state.
People with light skin living in an area with high solar radiation (like Florida) are at higher risk of developing deadly Melanoma in their lives. Performed in conjunction with your annual full-body skin exam, mole mapping is an excellent option for patients at higher risk for developing Melanoma.
Am I a Candidate for Mole Mapping?
- Family history of Melanoma.
- Personal history of Melanoma.
- Having many moles (more than 50).
- A personal history of biopsy-proven atypical (dysplastic) moles.
- A personal history of 1+ severe sunburns (even sunburns in childhood).
- Noticing any changes of individual moles or freckles.